Cookie and Interest-based Advertising Policy
This policy outlines what cookies and similar tracking technologies our website uses, how we use them and information on how to opt out of these cookies if you wish to do so.
What are cookies?
Cookies are used to collect information, where available, about your device, your IP address, operating system and browser type and how you have interacted with our websites.
While cookies are used to identify users and devices, they only ever collect non-personal information such as IP addresses, device IDs. If the data cookies collect are ever merged with any other information with which you have provided us, such as email addresses, these are anonymised in such a way that identification to actual people is impossible.
Why do we use them?
- Store any preferences you have made and display content to you in a more personalised way
- Evaluate our website’s advertising and promotional effectiveness
- Gain insight into the nature of our audience so we can tailor our content accordingly
- Provide interest-based advertising on our website and on other websites which are tailored to your interests and preferences
We will always make sure our websites contain clear and easy to find information about our cookies.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Per-session cookies – We only use these while you are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave. They help maintain security.
- Persistent cookies – These cookies stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted. We set automatic deletion dates so that we don’t keep your information for longer than we need to.
- First and third-party cookies – Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie. First party cookies in basic terms are cookies set by a website visited by the user – the website displayed in the URL window. Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Below is a full list of all the different third-party cookies that we use:
|Google Analytics, Google AdSense, DoubleClick||Site analytics (Google Analytics)||Google (www.google.com) operates the Google Display Network: a collection of millions of websites and mobile applications that are powered by display advertising, including many Google services like YouTube. Google also operates the DoubleClick digital advertising platform: the ad technology foundation to create, transact, and manage digital advertising for the world’s buyers, creators, and sellers. The DoubleClick platform includes the DoubleClick Advertising Exchange and Double Click Bid Manager. To learn more about how Google collect and use information for online advertising, please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy.html|
Opting out of cookies
Please note that our websites may not work correctly if you change certain preferences, such as disabling all cookies.
Please also note that after applying these settings, you will continue to receive advertising, although it may not be tailored to your likely interests using information collected from cookies and similar technologies on your device.
Third Party Cookies. If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options:
- If you would like to opt-out of receiving personalised ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, you can by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website or click here to opt out.
- Google provides a suite of tools to control its cookies:
- If you wish to block other cookies, including those being served by companies that are not part of the NAI or the DAA you can use the browser-level cookie controls described below.
Browser-level cookie controls
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. The links below are provided to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS